8 Natural Foods To Include In A Cancer Patients Diet | Preventation
8 Natural Foods To Include In A Cancer Patients Diet
A healthy and nutritious diet for cancer patients is very important and plays a huge role in their recovery. During the treatment, eating the right kind of diet helps one to stay positive and strong. A nutritious diet consists of fresh vegetables and fruits. They contain lots of chemicals that speed up the recovery. Here is a list of foods that can include in the daily diet. Please talk to your doctor about these foods before including them in the diet.
Ideal Diet for Cancer Patients:
Diet chart for cancer patients should be enriching and beneficial for health. Cancer treatment is harsh and causes a lot of side effects. Some of the side effects are hair loss, vomiting, abdominal pain, dry mouth, weakness and weight loss.
An ideal cancer patients diet will help fight all these side effects and also speed up the recovery for a cancer patient. The best of ingredients that have anti cancer properties are found in natural foods.
1. Eggs are a rich source ofVitamin B, D, E and proteins. The selenium content in eggs is known to reduce the side effects of chemotherapy. It can reduce nausea, hair loss, abdominal pain and weakness.
2. Ginger is a herb that has several health benefits. There are no side effects from eating ginger. Patients who have ginger before the chemo treatment have reported less of the nauseating feeling.
3. Acai berry is rich in antioxidant properties. These small berries are used to combat several other diseases apart from cancer. A single berry has 11 times more antioxidants than an apple.
4. Peppermint is a good herb to reduce the after effects of cancer treatment. It relieves one from dry mouth and nausea. It also relieves anxiety. Controlling nausea will help prevent dehydration.
5. Soy is rich in protein and estrogen. Research has shown that soy helps to reduce the size of the tumor in breast cancer patients. It has an ingredient called geinstein which is very toxic for cancer cells. Cancer cells stop multiplying and actually disintegrate. However one thing to keep in mind is that soy may not be suitable for everyone.
6. Fresh vegetables like beans, lentils, legumes and peas are high in Vitamin B. They help in healing and cell repair. They are also good for strengthening the immune system. They increase the red blood cells and speed the recovery.
7. Butter milk is the best probiotic. It has more than 100 beneficial enzymes. These enzymes help fight against infections and also strengthen the immune system. There are many antibodies in buttermilk which guard one against common cold and cough. It also has anticancer properties.
8. Fresh green leafy vegetables have foliate and Vitamin B in them. They can be effective in fighting the harmful effects of cancer and its treatment. They are also rich in calcium and thus, strengthen the bones and aid in cell repair.
Before altering any part of the diet, one should discuss it with a nutritionist. However the above listed ingredients have not caused any harm to cancer patients. In fact, several doctors advice cancer patients to have natural foods. Fresh natural foods are loaded with vitamins and minerals that are enriching for the body. Also it has been noted that a cancer patient’s body absorbs these vitamins and minerals from natural foods. Natural foods like green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, carrots and beans are known to aid in the treatment of the disease. The cancer medications are more effective with a natural diet plan.
Courtesy of http://www.stylecraze.com/articles/natural-foods-to-include-in-a-cancer-patients-diet/?ref=relatedsidebar